Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2009/04/20 09:41:13 UTC

Re: Editing the docu with Firedocs

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 16:13 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> > Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> >> Hi Lenya devs,
> >>
> >> I have started to extend the docu publication and the
> >> forrestDocument20 resource type with the goal of making the
> >> documentation editable with Firedocs. IMO this will further lower the
> >> barrier to improve our documentation. And if it proves useful, maybe
> >> we can invite other ASF projects to take a look at the system, present
> >> it at ApacheCon etc.?
> >>
> >> Unfortunately editing is limited to simple text changes at the moment.
> >> The editor seems to recognize the document structure (the XPath at the
> >> bottom of the page is displayed correctly), but it doesn't allow to
> >> apply any structural changes.
> >
> > Apparently this is due to the lack of a namespace. When I add a
> > namespace to the document and schema, structural editing is possible.
> >
> > I'd suggest that we add the namespace to the schema and to all
> > documentation documents. IMO this can be done incrementally, we just
> > have to add an intermediate transformation to the presentation pipeline
> > which adds the namespace where it is missing.
>
> There doesn't seem to be any inclination in the Forrest project to
> introduce a namespace (Thorsten, please correct me if I'm wrong). So I'd
> suggest that we just choose (a Lenya-specific) one, e.g.
>
>    http://apache.org/lenya/forrest

Hmm, we do not use them ATM for the doc, however we are using them in
some parts of of code.

The dispatcher e.g. uses
<forrest:views xmlns:forrest="http://apache.org/forrest/templates/1.0"
  xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">

Maybe http://apache.org/forrest/document/v20 makes sense for our use
case (reflects best the DOCTYPE declaration).

> Should we discuss this with the Forrest project? Introducing an
> "official" Forrest namespace would make sense as soon as we promote our
> documentation solution to other projects. But we can still convert our
> documents should the occasion arise.

I cc forrest-dev.

salu2

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)