Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/04 09:27:02 UTC

stopAllGrids() used by default and further steps

Igniters,

Recenly, we've pached Ingite testing framework to stop all started
instances after all test-cases completion by default.
Details of impelemtaion can be viewed here [1]. This change leads us to a
lot of boilerplate code.

1) I've created issue [2] and prepared PR [3] which removes all this
boilerplate code. Most of these changes is about removing:
```
@Override protected void afterTestsStopped() throws Exception {
super.afterTestsStopped();
    stopAllGrids();
}
```
All tests looks good here. I've double cheched all requiremets and now I
need your help with review and futher steps up to merge.

Can anyone help me?

2) I've created issue [4] and planning to clean rarely used methods related
to stopAllGrids().
E.g. stopAllClients and stopAllServers methods from GridAbstactTest used
only once in whole project but they locates in the root class.
From my point of view, this will simplify for futher migration Ignite
project to JUnit 4/5 framework.

What else can be done here?
Please, share your thoughts.

[3] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/3844

Re: stopAllGrids() used by default and further steps

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Yes.

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikolay,