Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Xuan Wu <xu...@umail.iu.edu> on 2011/08/29 22:43:37 UTC

welcome message makes user name lowercase

As the user name is in fact case sensitive in Rave, IMO it could cause
confusion to make it lowercase in the welcome message at top "Hello
$user, welcome to Rave!"

Re: welcome message makes user name lowercase

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
On 29 August 2011 22:48, Xuan Wu <xu...@umail.iu.edu> wrote:

> I just found the welcome message I saw on the page was "hello $user,
> welcome to rave!" but after copy&paste it became "Hello $user, welcome
> to Rave!". Not sure if it's related but interesting.

The transformation to lower case is done in CSS. That's why the case is
different if you copy & paste the text.

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com

Re: welcome message makes user name lowercase

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Re: welcome message makes user name lowercase

Posted by Xuan Wu <xu...@umail.iu.edu>.