Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian McDonald <b....@ieee.org> on 2003/05/07 21:24:57 UTC

installing Tomcat 4.1.24 from EXE: setup detects recently removed J2SDK

Hi. Up until yesterday, I had j2sdk1.4.0_01 installed on my W2K machine. Then,
at the behest of someone on this list, I went ahead and got the stable release
of of J2SE - j2sdk1.4.1_02.

Now I am trying to install Tomcat 4.1.24 using the Windows executable
tomcat-4.1.24.exe. On running this program, the first message box I see - titled
"Apache Tomcat 4.1.24 Setup" - reads:

"Using Java Development Kit found in c:\j2sdk1.4.0_01"

This is gone. As far as I can tell, it's no longer referred to under the
Javasoft key in the registry. The new one is there: j2sdk1.4.1_02.

Does anyone know how I can make sure the Tomcat 4.1.24 installer detects the
right J2SDK?

Brian

RE: installing Tomcat 4.1.24 from EXE: setup detects recently removed J2SDK

Posted by Brian McDonald <b....@ieee.org>.
Thanks to both of you. I had edited my path but forgot to update JAVA_HOME.

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
SET JAVA_HOME=c:\j2sdk1.4.1_02

Then re-run the setup.

Regards,
Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org
webmaster@kde.org

Posted by Beau Hebert <bh...@c-quential.com>.
Check that the old j2sdk PATH variable is updated with your new one.

Beau