Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maczka Michal <mi...@imtf.ch> on 2004/03/29 15:00:03 UTC

RE: Dependency - If version is not specified, should it consider '-' or not?

Yes it is expected behaviour.

> Shouldn't it
> ignore '-' if version is not specified.

No! all artifacts in the repository must be versioned.

Michal

Re: Dependency - If version is not specified, should it consider '-' or not?

Posted by Kevin Hagel <kh...@mminternet.com>.
oops, a typo

<dependency>
 <groupId>yourstuff</groupId>
 <artifactId>yoursetuff</artifactId>
 <version>1.2</version>
</dependency>

Now assume you have yourstuff.jar, a non-versioned library.

<dependency>
 <groupId>yourstuff</groupId>
 <artifactId>yoursetuff</artifactId>
 <jar>yourstuff.jar</jar>