Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/09 16:46:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move Apache Sentry to Apache Attic

Hi all,

On June 5th I sent an email soliciting anyone in the community who was
interested in being more involved in the project to make themselves
known, as they are needed by the community. I didn't see a response from
anyone. As you can see in the minutes of the ASF board meetings, there's
been a significant decrease in community activity:
https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Sentry.html. In fact there is
virtually none at the moment. It may be time to move the project to the
Apache Attic: https://attic.apache.org/. It's worth noting that, as others
before me have said, this isn't a bad thing and it isn't a final thing
either. If there is renewed interest in the future, the Apache Attic
leadership is supportive of linking to active forks, and there is a process
to revive the project to its current status. This is often a natural part
of a project's lifecycle.

If there is a desire for the project to continue, or if you are actively
using or working on things related to Apache Sentry, please speak up! 3
active PMC members are required for the project to continue, and I'm more
than happy to be one of those 3 active PMC members to help oversee
the community. We would welcome new contributors too. However I'm no longer
in a position to actively develop the project myself, and that seems to be
true generally. I personally think it's best for everyone if the project
moves to the Attic.

Unless there are objections, I'll start a thread on the public dev list
soon for PMC members to vote on a move to the Apache Attic.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move Apache Sentry to Apache Attic

Posted by 邓志华 <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi
  May I have your time to take a look at these:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2559
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2560
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2561
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2562