Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nitin Rastogi <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/06 12:01:20 UTC

Saving View Result Tree from WorkBench

Hello,

All the requests/response during a web recording are saved in WorkBench
under View Result Tree.

Is there any way to save "View Result Tree" from WorkBench area?

Re-opening Jmeter script results in losing all the request/response
captured during recording which would still be required in case I would
like to continue work on the pending script next day.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nitin Rastogi

Re: Saving View Result Tree from WorkBench

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 7 July 2015 at 13:27, Nitin Rastogi <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Erez,
>
> I guess there is some confusion, let me explain it again.
>
> When we record a script using HTTP(S) proxy recorder, all the requests and
> corresponding responses are saved in the "View Result Tree" under
> WorkBench. At the same time, requests are stored in "Recording Controller"
> under Test Plan. Now, while customising the script we need to refer back to
> server response time and again to put assertions, pre/post processors, reg
> ex etc.
>
> The problem is that when we save the script, it does not save the
> request/response available in "View Results Tree" under WorkBench section.

The same applies if the Listener is under the Test Plan - it does not
save the responses by default.

However, you can configure the Listener to save the responses - you
will need to use XML format.

You can either use the existing Listener or use a Simple Data Writer
(this can then easily be disabled separately)

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.
Yes it does Nitin, however, I have bumped into this problem as well and I think that Jmeter has not yet solved this problem...

Posted by Nitin Rastogi <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erez,

Posted by Nitin Rastogi <ni...@gmail.com>.
@Felix,