Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bowler Simon <Si...@thomson.net> on 2004/08/16 04:53:56 UTC

[Pool] Contribution of new class/modification

Hi,

We have been working with the commons-pool package in order to provide connection pooling. Through this, we have developed a class that 'extends' the GenericKeyedObjectPool to provide automatic pooled-object creation (up to a set number objects, with configurable re-creation period). I was wondering if this would be suitable for contibution to this project, and if so, who should i talk to about it further.

Regards,

Simon Bowler

Re: [Pool] Contribution of new class/modification

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Hi Simon,

You can post your enhancements to this list or we can discuss them
first. Buy the way, are you talking about SQLConnection pooling?

When describing/contributing your enhancements please seperate them
into individual patches, also think about javadoc & JUnit tests for
each of them.

Thanks
Dirk