Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> on 2012/03/08 13:29:14 UTC

Announcement 2.4.1

In the httpd 2.4.1 announcement: .....There is not yet a Windows binary distribution of httpd 2.4, but this is expected to be remedied soon as various dependencies graduate from beta to GA.

Users reading this as that  2.4.1 is not working at all on Windows, and holding even to try it.

btw,
I am not aware of current versions of the dependencies that have issues:  apr-1.4.6-P1 apr-util-1.4.1 apr-iconv-1.2.1 pcre-8.21 lua-5.1 libxml2-2.7.8 openssl-1.0.0g zlib-1.2.6. In fact, it works like a charm.

Re: Announcement 2.4.1

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 3/8/2012 11:47 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> On 3/8/2012 12:27 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>> I hadn't worked out yet the right
>> approach to the windows .mak files, what with the separation of httpd and
>> its dependencies.  Let me spend my weekend messing with the details.
> Hasn't this already been done? Or, am I missing something? Granted I have not exported
> make files and given the buils a try, but it's working great in the IDE and it, like
> command line, uses all the _try_this_n_that or check for libxml2, lua, openssl, pcre &
> zlib. The only thing I see as needing some real thought is dealing with mod_session_crypto
> and the different possibilities presented (plain apr_crypto, openssl  or nss, or
> combination of any two or all?).
>
> If I'm not seeing something, please enlighten me.

I never use GUI builds except in development.  Therefore, .mak files.

Re: Announcement 2.4.1

Posted by Gregg Smith <gl...@gknw.net>.
> I hadn't worked out yet the right
> approach to the windows .mak files, what with the separation of httpd and
> its dependencies.  Let me spend my weekend messing with the details.
Hasn't this already been done? Or, am I missing something? Granted I
have not exported make files and given the buils a try, but it's working
great in the IDE and it, like command line, uses all the
_try_this_n_that or check for libxml2, lua, openssl, pcre & zlib. The
only thing I see as needing some real thought is dealing with
mod_session_crypto and the different possibilities presented (plain
apr_crypto, openssl  or nss, or combination of any two or all?).

If I'm not seeing something, please enlighten me.

Cheers

Gregg

Re: Announcement 2.4.1

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 3/8/2012 6:29 AM, Steffen wrote:
> I am not aware of current versions of the dependencies that have issues:  apr-1.4.6-P1
> apr-util-1.4.1 apr-iconv-1.2.1 pcre-8.21 lua-5.1 libxml2-2.7.8 openssl-1.0.0g zlib-1.2.6.
> In fact, it works like a charm.

Nor am I (aware of issues), however expat 2.0.1 has vulnerabilites which
are corrected in the expat project's svn but not in a 'release' (we have
a patched flavor of 1.9.5 in apr project's repository).  We won't ship the
apr 1.4.6 +patch, but would wait for apr to release again.  OpenSSL is
about to deliver 1.0.1 (and then deprecate 1.0.0 long before we finish any
httpd 2.4 cycle) so waiting the additional week or few for the brand new
openssl 1.0.1 and a new apr tag (and a new expat 2.0.2 would really be
lovely).

Mario is correct, it not difficult to derive windows sources and convert
the .dsp to .vcproj files as needed.  I hadn't worked out yet the right