Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Russell <ch...@oracle.com> on 2007/04/27 18:46:12 UTC

Class not found only during Test phase

Hello,

I'm trying to run a junit test and I'm getting the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/j2ee/ws/saaj/soap/BinaryTextImpl
at
oracle.j2ee.ws.common.streaming.DOMXMLReaderImpl.hasBinaryValue(DOMXMLReaderImpl.java:217)

at
oracle.j2ee.ws.common.encoding.literal.LiteralSimpleTypeSerializer.deserialize(LiteralSimpleTypeSerializer.java:132)

at
com.siebel.xml.timezoneorion.runtime.TimeZone_LiteralSerializer.doDeserialize(TimeZone_LiteralSerializer.java:102)

at
oracle.j2ee.ws.common.encoding.literal.LiteralObjectSerializerBase.internalDeserialize(LiteralObjectSerializerBase.java:250)

at
oracle.j2ee.ws.common.encoding.literal.LiteralObjectSerializerBase.deserialize(LiteralObjectSerializerBase.java:159)

at
com.siebel.xml.timezoneorion.runtime.ListOfTimezoneorion_LiteralSerializer.doDeserialize(ListOfTimezoneorion_LiteralSerializer.java:60)

at
oracle.j2ee.ws.common.encoding.literal.LiteralObjectSerializerBase.internalDeserialize(LiteralObjectSerializerBase.java:250)

at
oracle.j2ee.ws.common.encoding.literal.LiteralObjectSerializerBase.deserialize(LiteralObjectSerializerBase.java:159)

at
com.oracle.orion.ml3.proxy.timezone.runtime.TimeZoneQueryByExample_Output_LiteralSerializer.doDeserialize(TimeZoneQueryByExample_Output_LiteralSerializer.java:57)

at
oracle.j2ee.ws.common.encoding.literal.LiteralObjectSerializerBase.internalDeserialize(LiteralObjectSerializerBase.java:250)

at
oracle.j2ee.ws.common.encoding.literal.LiteralObjectSerializerBase.deserialize(LiteralObjectSerializerBase.java:159)

at
com.oracle.orion.ml3.proxy.timezone.runtime.TimeZone_Stub._deserialize_TimeZoneQueryByExample(TimeZone_Stub.java:126)

at
com.oracle.orion.ml3.proxy.timezone.runtime.TimeZone_Stub._readFirstBodyElement(TimeZone_Stub.java:112)

at
oracle.j2ee.ws.client.StreamingSender._sendImpl(StreamingSender.java:333)
at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:112)
at
com.oracle.orion.ml3.proxy.timezone.runtime.TimeZone_Stub.timeZoneQueryByExample(TimeZone_Stub.java:76)

at
com.oracle.orion.ml3.proxy.timezone.TimeZoneClient.timeZoneQueryByExample(TimeZoneClient.java:40)

at
com.oracle.orion.ml3.ejb.EJBCCTimezoneSessionBean.getTimezoneList(EJBCCTimezoneSessionBean.java:45)

at
test.com.oracle.orion.ml3.ejb.EJBCCTimezoneSessionBeanTest.testGetTimezoneList(EJBCCTimezoneSessionBeanTest.java:44)

The file BinaryTextImpl is located in the orasaaj.jar file.
I have the following dependency in both the project that is running the
test and the WebService project:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>jax</groupId>
     <artifactId>orasaaj</artifactId>
     <version>10.1.3</version>
     <scope>test</scope>
   </dependency>

I had needed to add this dependency a week ago to get around another
"Class Not Found" problem and that issue was resolved.

Any idea why its not finding this class?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Re: Class not found only during Test phase

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Unpack the jar and make sure its really there. We've seen similar
reports from people who were surprised when classes really didn't
exist in their jar.

If its there, I'd guess you might be running into a class loading
issue... Check how that class is being loaded in the
DOMXMLReaderImpl.hasBinaryValue() method.

Wayne