Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Cohen <St...@ignitesports.com> on 2001/12/24 21:53:33 UTC

CVS Problem [was RE: Ant contributor]

While we're discussing CVS:

There seems to be a problem with CVS and files newly added to the
repository.
cvs diff claims not to know about them even though they are clearly
visible in the cvs viewer and even though they are distributed in the
checkout.

For example, from the directory
jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/starteam

if I excute the command cvs diff -u StarTeamCheckout.java, I get

cvs server: I know nothing about StarTeamCheckout.java

No such problem is observed with any file of longstanding existence, for
example, Main.java.

The only way I can submit patches is to download the file from the CVS
repository under a different name and then do a local diff against it
and my latest changes.  That is how I submitted my patch this morning.

Is there some administrative task that must be done with cvs to get the
differencer to recognize newly added files?

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
> There seems to be a problem with CVS and files newly added to the
> repository.
> cvs diff claims not to know about them even though they are clearly
> visible in the cvs viewer and even though they are distributed in the
> checkout.
>
> For example, from the directory
> jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/starteam
>
> if I excute the command cvs diff -u StarTeamCheckout.java, I get
>
> cvs server: I know nothing about StarTeamCheckout.java

Works for me. Do you have the same problem if you do a clean checkout (to
another directory) and do your cvs diff there?

Nico