Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/06/13 17:11:23 UTC

Re: netscape sales droid

Rob Hartill wrote:

> he took it pretty well :-)
>
> he got a bit defensive on the x2-5 performance claim... and used words
> like "guess", "maybe" and "extrapolate" to try to justify it. I guess he
> was a little worried about another c|net type article, but I think he
> got the message in the end that it was just a bit of fun.

BTW, I think he was also a little economical with the truth on the filling a
T3 ... Netscape do use 20 or more machines to service their 3 T3s, and I have
been told that they run out of steam at 1-2 million hits/day/machine.
Admittedly this was for an older version of the server...

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.