Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2017/04/03 14:27:15 UTC

[mentors] how to edit http://incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html

Hi mentors,

I know I knew this or have been told how to do this. But I forgot and can't
find the info -- how to edit/update/change this page:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html

Thanks,

Gj

Re: [mentors] how to edit http://incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
OK, that works.

Thanks,

Gj

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon IJskes <si...@ijskes.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon IJskes <si...@ijskes.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
A note on CMS usage below:

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 3:33 AM, Simon IJskes <si...@ijskes.org> wrote:
>
> I've reset my password, and i'm in.
>
> * goto cms.apache.org
> * find incubator
> * get working copy
> * click projects in first colunm (and wait a while on loading)
> * find netbeans.xml
> * if it is not visible (happened to me) do [Update this directory]

Always, always, always do an [update] before doing any editing to make sure you have the latest copy and don't revert anyone else's changes!

Craig

> * click on [edit]
>
> G. Simon
>

> On 04-04-17 12:21, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
>> I would do that immediately, can you/someone explain how?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gj
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Simon IJskes <si...@ijskes.org> wrote:
>>
>>> :)
>>>
>>> I meant, not to try to edit the netbeans site, but edit the incubator
>>> site. I tried to have a look myself, but my ASF committer status seems to
>>> have been revoked.
>>>
>>> Sorry!
>>>
>>> G. Simon

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [mentors] how to edit http://incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html

Posted by Simon IJskes <si...@ijskes.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
Hmm, the ASF doesn't unilaterally revoke any committer status.
You are still listed and have proper rights
http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#sijskes

The main reason is that this page isn't maintained via Apache CMS but generated from XML.
Docs can be found here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html

So it's basically checking out via SVN and running an ant job to generate the pages.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Simon IJskes <si...@ijskes.org>.
:)

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon IJskes <si...@ijskes.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Also, how do I contact infra for help with this?

Thanks,

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Hi Gj,

I believe this page is editable with CMS. Open the page and type this into the browser window:

javascript:void(location.href='https://cms.apache.org/redirect?uri='+escape(location.href))

The CMS option page should open. If any difficulties, contact infra for guidance.

Good luck.

Craig

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 7:27 AM, Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi mentors,
>
> I know I knew this or have been told how to do this. But I forgot and can't
> find the info -- how to edit/update/change this page:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gj

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [mentors] how to edit http://incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...how to edit/update/change this page:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html

I suppose you cannot commit your changes but https://cms.apache.org/
has a "Force New incubator Clone of 'anonymous' Working Copy" link
that "should* allow you to create patches that you can submit here or
via NETBEANS jira.

Or patch the source at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/

Or if it's minor change just ask for them here and mentors can apply them.

I suggest making that page as invariant as possible, if you need some
changing content there better point to a stable URL that the NetBeans
podling owns.

-Bertrand