Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2017/03/07 21:57:48 UTC

Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2017 Mentor Registration

Hi,

to all ATS developers and PMC members: Here’s your opportunity to submit your availability to mentor a GSoC project / student. I’ve done this in the past, which not only produced a usable piece of code (Metalink plugin), but also gave us a new committer and PMC member (thanks Jack! :).

Cheers,

— leif

Re: Google Summer of Code 2017 Mentor Registration

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Mar 7, 2017, at 3:35 PM, Eric Friedrich (efriedri) <ef...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> How much time did you find the mentor role actually consumed? have some ideas for TC projects

I think that varies from project to project. I'd assume at least 10-20h initial  time, to get your student started, and then a few hours a week. Maybe Jack can give his input as well, as a student in GSoC.

Cheers,

-- Leif

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.