Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by aquero <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/24 07:13:29 UTC

creating a spam tester.

Hi,
  I am not sure whether this is the correct forum to post this topic. I
would like to create a spam tester , which specifies a spam score and
suggestions for the user to reduce the spam score , so that the mail created
by him will reach the inbox. I want this to be associated with a
web-application which sends email marketing mails to its clients.
Application uses java-spring technology . Can i use spam assassin for such
an application. Please help me on this.

PS: If this is not the correct section admins please move it to the right
section. Please dont delete this thread.

Re: creating a spam tester.

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
aquero wrote, On 24/05/10 5:13 PM:
> I am not sure whether this is the correct forum to post this topic.

This is the SpamAssassin developer mailing list. I'll answer the portion
of your questions that I think are relevant to this list and direct you
elsewhere for the rest.

> Can i use spam assassin for such
> an application. Please help me on this.

To the degree that is a technical question, I think the answer is yes,
SpamAssassin could be made to work for the use you describe. Further
questions about how to use it that way would be better directed to the
SpamAssassin users mailing list rather than this one.

As a legal question, SpamAssassin is made available under the Apache
Software License which I understand to be a liberal open source license
that makes it easy to incorporate the software in either a commercial or
non-commercial product. You can read the license for yourself at the
SpamAssassin or Apache Software Foundation web sites. However I am not a
lawyer and I am certainly not your lawyer. Real legal advice always
comes from a lawyer whom you pay or who donates the advice specifically
for you.

> PS: If this is not the correct section admins please move it to the right
> section. Please dont delete this thread.

You posted your message on Nabble, which provides a forum-like interface
to our mailing list. However this is actually a mailing list. Once mail
goes out we have no way to take it back, nor to delete or move threads.

I suggest that you continue the thread on the Spamassassin Users mailing
list if you want advice on how to configure SpamAssassin or how to embed
it in your own software for the purposes you described.

 Sidney Markowitz
 http://sidney.com