Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Pierre Henry Perret <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 15:20:34 UTC

SID

How to get the OSGi Service ID of a component instance (a service) ?

Thanks

--
Pierre

Re: SID

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@objectweb.org>.

Le 09/02/2011 15:59, Pierre Henry Perret a écrit :
> This is exactly what I want to know.
>
> I suppose it is the typed object I'm using :
>
> context.getServiceReference(Class string);

Yes
http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/framework/ServiceReference.html

> But am I sur the sid is valid not null ?

The spec mandates each service to have an id (service.id), pid is optional
http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/framework/Constants.html#SERVICE_ID

> Do I not have to use the ServiceRegistration ?

ServiceRegistration is the handle the frameworks returns to you when you
register a service.
ServiceReference is a consumer-side object

--G

Re: SID

Posted by Pierre Henry Perret <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: SID