Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Manu Nair <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/08 11:50:10 UTC

Solr AutoSuggest Configuration Issue

Hi,

I am using Solr 5.1 for my application.
I am trying to use the autoSuggest feature of Solr.
I want to do context filtering on the results returned by Solr suggest.

Please help me know if this feature is supported in the version that I am
using(5.1).
Also if it works with multivalued field. I tried multiple times but it is
not working.

I am referring the following link for details :
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/suggester.html

Please find the configuration in my solrconfig.xml as below
<searchComponent name="suggest" class="solr.SuggestComponent">
  <lst name="suggester">
    <str name="name">mySuggester</str>
    <str name="lookupImpl">AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory</str>
    <str name="dictionaryImpl">DocumentDictionaryFactory</str>
    <str name="field">name</str>
    <str name="weightField">price</str>
    <str name="suggestAnalyzerFieldType">text_en</str>
<str name="highlight">false</str>
<str name="contextField">countries</str>
  </lst>
</searchComponent>

Thanks alot for your help in advance.

Regards,
Manu Nair.

Re: Solr AutoSuggest Configuration Issue

Posted by Christian Ortner <ch...@gmail.com>.
Context filtering, at least using the suggest.cfq parameter, was not
introduced before Solr 6 to my knowledge. As Edwin, I highly recommend
updating.

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
The link that you are referring to is for Solr 6.6, but you are using Solr
5.1 which is quite an old version, so there could be some differences.
You can refer this guide for Solr 5.1:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-5.1.pdf

The current version of Solr is already Solr 7.5, and it is recommended to
upgrade to the new version so that you can use the new features and and
also things like better memory consumption and better authentication

Regards,
Edwin