Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Olof Edlund <o....@upright.se> on 2000/09/21 21:15:45 UTC

What is the reason for me to use SOAP?

Hi,

I'm working on a solution with Resin 1.2b2 where I have JSP pages that
produce XML that I then transform to HTML (but maybe WAP and other formats
in the future).

My question is, without fully grasping SOAP yet, does it fit in my design
somewhere? Is there a benefit to using SOAP to create web pages? Can it be
done?

I'm sorry if this is a FAQ, only, I can't find a FAQ.

Thanks,

	Olof Edlund

Re: What is the reason for me to use SOAP?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Gouker wrote:

> With SOAP, you are invoking methods across the web (through http which
> means
> everyone can use it) as if it's inside your own memory space. Very cool!

If everyone can use it, then how can I use SOAP from a Perl program?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: What is the reason for me to use SOAP?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

Posted by Gouker <go...@bellsouth.net>.
Because it's not just data that you're moving! XML Data is state. XML Data
that are call invocations (like in Soap) is behavior.

With SOAP, you are invoking methods across the web (through http which means
everyone can use it) as if it's inside your own memory space. Very cool!

Best regards,

Michael Gouker

Posted by Jorge Martinez <jo...@mail.yourfit.com>.
Hello there: