Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Matthew Stone <ma...@jcafeinc.com> on 2001/07/02 14:13:28 UTC

MacroImpl.delete() fails

I'm using MacroImpl.delete() and it's failing on me.  I've tried using both
delete methods:

delete(SlideToken token, java.lang.String targetUri)
delete(SlideToken token, java.lang.String targetUri, MacroParameters
parameters)

It keeps throwing an ObjectHasChildrenException.  I'm sure the
MacroParameters are both set to true.

The structure I'm attempting to delete is a group node.  Here's an exact
representation:

GroupNode
+-- GroupNode
 |    +-- LinkNode > SubjectNode(Folder in the Slide file system)
+-- GroupNode
    +-- LinkNode > SubjectNode(Folder in the Slide file system)
    +-- LinkNode > SubjectNode(Folder in the Slide file system)

or

GroupNode
+-- LinkNode > SubjectNode(Folder in the Slide file system)

Please advise.

Matt

Re: Follow Up: MacroImpl.delete() fails

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> FYI - The delete() works on the structure I describe in my first message
if
> I do one of these 2 steps first:
>
> - if the target of the LinkNode is deleted manually using a DAV client
> or
> - if the target of the LinkNode is deleted by calling delete()
>
> Is it a bug?

It looks like it is a bug indeed.
I looked at the MacroImpl code, and I think the links shouldn't be resolved
(ie, we should use Structure.retrieve(token, uri, false)).

> On another note, I looked to see what was left behind in the DB after I
> called delete() on the LinkNode target object and I see the MacroImpl
leaves
> behind the records in the Revision table's.  Should the MacroImpl delete
> those records?

Yes, if the object is not versioned.

Remy

Follow Up: MacroImpl.delete() fails