Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by hilfi alkaff <al...@illinois.edu> on 2014/03/19 04:42:57 UTC

Storm rebalance details.

Hi,

I would like to know how does Storm currently perform rebalance. I see in
*./storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/daemon/nimbus.clj* there's a
*do-rebalance* method that will call *update-storm!* (Which I assume
changes the state of Storm) but I don't see where the method
*update-storm!*is being defined.

Hilfi M. Alkaff

Re: Storm rebalance details.

Posted by hilfi alkaff <hi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I am currently still going through the code. So the default
scheduler seems to be the EvenScheduler which basically tries to spread out
all the workers to all the available slots correct?

--
~Hilfi Alkaff~

Re: Storm rebalance details.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: Storm rebalance details.

Posted by hilfi alkaff <hi...@gmail.com>.

--
~Hilfi Alkaff~

Re: Storm rebalance details.

Posted by 杨晓青 <xq...@gmail.com>.
in file  /storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/cluster.clj

> I would like to know how does Storm currently perform rebalance. I see in
> *./storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/daemon/nimbus.clj* there's a
> *do-rebalance* method that will call *update-storm!* (Which I assume
> changes the state of Storm) but I don't see where the method
> *update-storm!*is being defined.

> Hilfi M. Alkaff

best regards

杨晓青