Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/15 20:10:14 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 0.9.7 (RC1)

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 0.9.7 (rc1).

This release candidate addresses a critical issue with Storm’s multi-lang component where an improperly formed multi-lang spout message would cause the spout to hang indefinitely.

Full list of changes in this release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.md;hb=b75d9b2b6dbfd0fda0b114feafec1384bbfa30aa

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v0.9.7:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=tree;h=3d7c7be37ecc1dcc25223fde670d8185a6afbf00;hb=b75d9b2b6dbfd0fda0b114feafec1384bbfa30aa

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-0.9.7-rc1//apache-storm-0.9.7-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-0.9.7-rc1/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=22b832708295fa2c15c4f3c70ac0d2bc6fded4bd

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1039

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 0.9.7.

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 0.9.7
[ ]  0 No opinion

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

-Taylor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 0.9.7 (RC1)

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
This vote is now closed and passes with 3 binding +1 votes, and no +0 or -1 votes.

Vote tally:

+1:

P. Taylor Goetz
Jungtaek Lim
Bobby Evans

-Taylor

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Sorry +1
 - Bobby

    On Friday, August 26, 2016 8:11 AM, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Sorry to late participating.

+1 (binding) from me.

- testing with source distribution : OK
  - verify signature (zip, tar.gz): OK
  - uncompress : OK
  - building from source dist : OK
  - how to build: running `mvn clean install` on unzipped source dist.

- testing with binary distribution (one machine) :
  - verify signature (zip, tar.gz): OK
 - launch daemons : OK
 - run RollingTopWords (local) : OK
 - run RollingTopWords (remote) : OK
  - activate / deactivate / rebalance / kill : OK
  - logviewer (worker) : OK
  - run WordCountTopology (multilang, local) : OK
  - run WordCountTopology (multilang, remote) : OK

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2016년 8월 25일 (목) 오전 5:39, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Here’s my +1 (binding).

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Sure. I'll go on verifying RC when I find some time to do.

2016년 8월 18일 (목) 오전 3:21, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Not a big deal, if the bylaws are confusing we should fix them so it is obvious to everyone how they can work within the project.
 - Bobby

    On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:22 AM, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Yes this was started with my bad interpreting BYLAWS. I misunderstood "call
for a release vote" as initiating discussion about new release. Sorry about
that all.

2016년 8월 17일 (수) 오후 11:45, Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.invalid>님이 작성:

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.