Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com> on 2007/01/26 15:45:29 UTC

CForms components for 2.1.9

I'm keep getting more confused upgrading cforms to 2.1.9.  I know a lot of
work went into ajax and I want to use that soon but I can't figure out all
the components.

First the onChange event is not working as forms_submitForm() is now
oldforms_submitForm() in forms-lib.js.  I found a forms_submitForm() in
common.js but that didn't seem to work (and none of the sample stylesheets
reference it).

Forms-field-styling.xsl has a reference to /dojo/dojo.js but I can't find
that anywhere in the 2.1.9 distribution.

Gary

REsolved: CForms components for 2.1.9

Posted by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com>.
Sorry for my previous ranting...

> It just seems like a treasure hunt to figure out what's required and where
> all the pieces are located. Are they in samples, src, build, blocks or
> buried in jars??

Well, I should have looked closer at the 2.1.9 samples.  The key to all my
problems was a missing matcher that locates jar resources:

<map:match pattern="resources/*/**">
 <map:select type="resource-exists">
  <map:when test="context://site/{1}/resources/{2}">
   <map:read src="{0}"/>
  </map:when>
  <map:otherwise>
   <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/{1}/resources/{2}"/>
  </map:otherwise>
 </map:select>
</map:match>

I had to modify some of the stylesheets and run them local due to a Saxon8
exception, but everything runs and now it makes sense to me (from a user
perspective).

Ajax also ran right out of the box.  This is an awesome piece of work!

The one limitation I ran into, not supporting <fi:validation-errors> in ajax
mode, may unfortunately limit my use of it.  Many of my forms are using
groups with tab styling which in ajax mode will cause validation errors to
be hidden from the user in the non-active tabs.

If someone has found a solution for this I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Gary

RE: CForms components for 2.1.9

Posted by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com>.
I guess what's confusing me now are the script files.

In the .9 dist, stylesheets reference files that don't exist (dojo.js) or
files that are in another block (cocoon.js).

There is a common.js but I can't find any references to it anywhere but is
does contain a forms_submitForm() but doesn't seem to work.  There are a a
half dozen js files in the ajax block but I don't know if they are samples
or necessary.

I'm probably wrong but it seems like the forms block does not work
completely anymore (onChange) unless it has the ajax components, maybe.

It just seems like a treasure hunt to figure out what's required and where
all the pieces are located. Are they in samples, src, build, blocks or
buried in jars??

I guess what I looking for is 1) the minimum that's required and 2) optional
stuff

The forms in .7 had the sample basic stylesheets and optional stuff like the
calendar scripts.  Can't the current forms be packaged a bit more modular or
have a guide?

Just a bit of user frustration I guess. Unfortunately, my fallback plan is
to whack the ajax stuff out of .9 so my forms will work like they do in .7

If I'm missing something please let me know.

Gary

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com>.
Hi Grzegorz,

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Gary Larsen napisał(a):
> I'm keep getting more confused upgrading cforms to 2.1.9.  I know a lot of
> work went into ajax and I want to use that soon but I can't figure out all
> the components.
>
> First the onChange event is not working as forms_submitForm() is now
> oldforms_submitForm() in forms-lib.js.  I found a forms_submitForm() in
> common.js but that didn't seem to work (and none of the sample stylesheets
> reference it).
>
> Forms-field-styling.xsl has a reference to /dojo/dojo.js but I can't find
> that anywhere in the 2.1.9 distribution.

Jeremy Quinn (who has done great amount of dojofing Forms recently)
explained where Dojo resources are stored:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/69692

AFAIK most of the Forms stuff is now based on dojo so it can be the case
also for onChange events...

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski