Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/07/03 00:01:06 UTC

Invitation to Cocoon's GetTogether

(Just a quick info between dropping my bags after ApacheCon and heading
off tomorrow morning for military service).

I've been approached by Arje Cahn during ApacheCon. He invited me to the
yearly Cocoon GetTogether which (I think) will be in the week before
ApacheCon US in November. I assume this will be in Amsterdam again. I'm
thinking about going and maybe talking about FOP. There will also be a
two-day hackathon and since we have at least two committers from the
Netherlands/Belgium region it might be a good idea to join them and do
our own FOP hackathon there. Could be a good opportunity for a
face-to-face. Will also be a lot cheaper than ApacheCon. :-)

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Events
http://www.cocoongt.org

BTW, my FOP talk last week wasn't so great. Only about 7 or 8 listeners
on the second-to-last session of the conference. Last year I had a full
house with the "optimizing" talk.

Have a good week!
Jeremias Maerki

Re: Invitation to Cocoon's GetTogether

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Sure, travel and accomodation will produce some expenses but you're
forgetting the rather high fee for attending ApacheCon (for mere mortals
like normal committers, for example) which (sadly) caused many people
not to go there. I hope that'll be better next time. There will probably
be at least a small fee even for ASF members in the interest of making
it a little cheaper for non-members.

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 11:01:06PM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I've been approached by Arje Cahn during ApacheCon. He invited me to the
> yearly Cocoon GetTogether which (I think) will be in the week before
> ApacheCon US in November. I assume this will be in Amsterdam again. I'm
> thinking about going and maybe talking about FOP. There will also be a
> two-day hackathon and since we have at least two committers from the
> Netherlands/Belgium region it might be a good idea to join them and do
> our own FOP hackathon there. Could be a good opportunity for a
> face-to-face. Will also be a lot cheaper than ApacheCon. :-)

It will be a pleasure to meet you and perhaps Andreas here in person.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: Invitation to Cocoon's GetTogether

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Andreas, what about you? Could you make it to the Cocoon GetTogether?
> One or two days of Hackathon (discussions, hacking, fun). Anyone else?
> Jörg, Chris, Finn, Peter, Vincent maybe?

Sorry I can't make it either!

Chris

Re: Invitation to Cocoon's GetTogether

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Anyone else?

No way. Sorry, family and the day job take all the time.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Invitation to Cocoon's GetTogether

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jul 13, 2006, at 17:43, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Andreas, what about you? Could you make it to the Cocoon GetTogether?

Yep, count me in.

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: Invitation to Cocoon's GetTogether

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@enseeiht.fr>.
Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> Andreas, what about you? Could you make it to the Cocoon GetTogether?
> One or two days of Hackathon (discussions, hacking, fun). Anyone else?
> Jörg, Chris, Finn, Peter, Vincent maybe?

I don't know yet what will be my situation at that time, but I will do
my best to participate. I would really like having the possibility to
put faces on all these names.

> It would really be good to be at least 3 or 4 FOP people to make the
> expenses worthwhile.

Vincent

Re: Invitation to Cocoon's GetTogether