Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com> on 2005/08/05 14:19:47 UTC

"Redirect after post" (PRG pattern) & JSF messages

Hi,

You may be familiar with this two articles regarding the problem of
refreshing the page, double submit, etc:

http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=RedirectAfterPost
http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=RedirectAfterPost2

Using the navigation rules in JSF it works great, but there is a problem
with messages: they get lost in a redirect. This problem has already been
addressed by some people:

http://raibledesigns.com/page/rd/20041015

but I haven't found a suitable solution yet.

I need to present the user with a message once he has submitted the form to
tell him everything has gone well.

How can I preserve the messages in a redirect using JSF?

Re: "Redirect after post" (PRG pattern) & JSF messages

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
> I'd like to know if one could save not only FacesMessages in this way, but
> also saveState Beans that should be preserved via a redirect?!

In tomahawk-sandbox there is the RedirectTracker which is able to save:
* request beans
* messages
* locale

For now, please see the last comment of
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-503 how to configure it,
I'll try to setup a wiki as soon as possible.

Ciao,
Mario

Re: "Redirect after post" (PRG pattern) & JSF messages

Posted by janw <ja...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

I'd like to know if one could save not only FacesMessages in this way, but
also saveState Beans that should be preserved via a redirect?!
BTW: In the wiki I could not find anything about Enrique's final solution.
Is it documented/implemented anywhere?
If not: Enrique, could you post your solution?

Thanks
Jan