Posted to users@flex.apache.org by hugo <hf...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/09 13:23:21 UTC

AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Hi all,

News in town for .NET + Flex developers!

New AMF library for .NET developers using the .NET Standard 2.0, ie. 100%
compatible with .NET Framework, Mono and for the first time .NET Core!

The library is here: https://github.com/SolidSoft-Lda/AMFCore

Re: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Posted by hugo <hf...@gmail.com>.
Hi bilbosax,

Yes, I wrote this library myself after study how Fluorine works.
AMF is fast and Fluorine was already super fast (I tested against other
approachs).
This library is even faster, with 0 Windows calls and works on every .NET
runtimes based on .NET Standard 2.0 or higher.

If you need AMF + .NET Core than this library is a most to have.
If you need AMF + .NET Framework or Mono than this library is an option for
a better performance.
If you need AMF + port from .NET Framework or Mono to .NET Core than this
library is the option.

Re: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Posted by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hugo, I don't know if you wrote this library or are just reporting it, but
this is awesome news!  I personally don't use .NET for AMF, I use PHP, but I
can tell you that AMF is by far the fastest way to communicate with
FLEX/AIR.  Any libraries that keep this technology alive is a plus in my
book!!  Thanks for reporting.

Re: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Posted by hugo <hf...@gmail.com>.
You welcome.

RE: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Posted by hugo <hf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nisaba,

Yes, it does.
Actually it's what I use, while I'm waiting for .NET Core 2.2 to be
released.

You have a full documentation/example with .NET Framework (ASP.NET and
ASP.NET Core) and .NET Core on the github project.

You just need a Gateway controller.

RE: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Posted by Nisaba <cb...@nisaba.solutions>.
Hi Hugo,

Thank you for your work.

Does your library work in a WebAPI .NET project ?
Could you provide an example ?

Thanks a lot !

RE: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Posted by hugo <hf...@gmail.com>.
Me too.
I came to the point that I will refactor all my application to use json,
lose every positive aspect of AMF and will slow down my app and that not
acceptable or create this lib my self.
It took a while but it's done and running without issues.

RE: AMF for .NET Standard now available (.NET Core + olders runtimes)

Posted by Jason Taylor <jt...@dedoose.com>.
Thanks so much huge, meant to get around to this awhile ago but never did.
Will definitely be checking it out.