Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Martin Serrano <ma...@attivio.com> on 2011/03/28 22:18:10 UTC

using API to determine when async file copy is complete

Is there a way to determine how many complete replicas there are of a file?  That is, can I find out that the async replication has completed?  And how many replicas are complete?  I'd like to do this via the Java API.

Thanks,

Martin

Re: using API to determine when async file copy is complete

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Martin,

Have a look at the waitForReplication() function in  FsShell.java in
hadoop-common. It does what you're looking for.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera