Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Collen <tc...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/29 23:11:54 UTC

Re: [Fwd: Re: parameters for wsproxy, or generators in general]

Hi Lars,

Yes, it's definitely been a while :)

First off, I think the WSProxy was at one point superceded by the
HttpProxyGenerator.  There's a good chance that the WSPG should be
deprecated or even removed.

As far as authentication goes, I'm not too sure what to suggest.  It
looks like the WSPG basically passes URL, configuration, etc off to
the Commons HttpClient library.  As stated in the previous methods, my
first assumption would be that it would just use the user and pass
embedded in the URL.

Reading http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html#Server_Authentication
and also http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/src/examples/BasicAuthenticationExample.java?view=markup
, I don't think it would be too terribly hard to pass credential
configuration information down through to the HttpClient.

Unfortunately, I haven't been involved with the project for quite some
time -- perhaps you can offer someone a cookie to add it to the
generator :)

Regards,

Tony Collen

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 1/30/07, Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org> wrote:
> ... any hints on how httpproxygenerator
> differs from wsproxy?...

It looks like the proxy block documentation is out of date, and the
samples do not show much either.

If you can read some Java, I'd suggest looking at the source code of
these generators, it's not complicated at all, see
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/proxy/java/org/apache/cocoon/

-Bertrand

Re: [Fwd: Re: parameters for wsproxy, or generators in general]

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.
Hi Tony,

Thanks for responding.

On 1/29/2007 4:11 PM, Tony Collen wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> Yes, it's definitely been a while :)
>
> First off, I think the WSProxy was at one point superceded by the
> HttpProxyGenerator.  There's a good chance that the WSPG should be
> deprecated or even removed.
Hmm, OK, except that HttpProxyGenerator isn't documented in the Cocoon
docs...?
At least not under User Guide / Sitemap Components / Generators.
I see javadoc for it, that's all... any hints on how httpproxygenerator
differs from wsproxy?