Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Adam Landefeld <al...@corda.com> on 2005/03/30 23:31:52 UTC

Http proxy server authentication in current release

Hi there,

I think there may be a problem in the proxy credential setting for http
proxy servers.

In Axis 1.0 the following code worked well:

         Properties props= new Properties(System.getProperties());
         props.put("http.proxySet", "true");
         props.put("http.proxyHost", "server.proxy.com");
         props.put("http.proxyPort", "8005");
         props.put("http.proxyUser", "adam");
         props.put("http.proxyPassword", "adam");
         System.setProperties(props);

But in 1.1 the credentials are not used. The host and port are still
respected but username and password are not added to the outgoing
header.

Either this is a bug or something changed that I am not aware of. Can
you please tell me if this is a bug or not?

Thanks,
Adam