Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/02/09 19:44:42 UTC

need horsepower

ok, this is taking quite simply forever. :(

I don't know if it's CPU limits on the zone, I/O limits on the zone, or
what, but it's crawling.   a single validate-model run takes 3-4 hours...
and that's supposed to be a test run, not the "real deal" runGA run, which
takes even longer!

Does anyone have a well-connected machine with

    - good bandwidth (lots -- the logs are about 2GB)
    - a few gigs free disk space (see above)
    - fast, free CPU time
    - no CPU limits
    - up-to-date perl modules installed (and/or sudo privs to install
      more)

we could use for the perceptron run?   If there is one, I can
copy over the logs from the zone and use that instead.

It's a shame the zone isn't up to this anymore :(  If only we'd been able
to get a speedy enough response to get that sun box last year...

--j.

Re: need horsepower

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@thoughtworthy.com>.
Justin:

I have a box with quad dual-core 3.0GHz Xeon's, 16GB RAM, 15K RPM SCSI
Drives running CentOS 4.3 on a Gigabit Pipe to the Internet that I've made
you an account on and I've given you full sudo access so you have root on it
(temporarily, I hope).

Call me on my cell 703-798-0171 and I'll give you the password/box name.  Or
if you login to minotaur, I'll send you the login info there.

Regards,
KAM

Re: need horsepower

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 07:31:41PM +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
> actually, it may have been a mistake on my part... let's see how
> it goes now. ;)

Did you forget to send input to STDIN? ;)

> > Does anyone have a well-connected machine with
[...]

Anyway, yes, I still have systems available we could use if necessary. :)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"I feel so lucky that I have the right brain chemicals." - Dr. Lewis on ER