Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2006/08/17 20:41:28 UTC

Viewing Lucene indexes generated by Solr

Hi all,

I have a Lucene index generated by Solr. After optimizing it, I'm
able to view it using LIMO. But when I download it to my Mac and try
to use Luke, it fails - Luke complains that:

  ".../index/_jdi4.f1" (No such file or Directory).

The files I downloaded are as follows :

deletable
_jdi4.f0
_jdi4.f12
_jdi4.f15
_jdi4.f4
_jdi4.fdt
_jdi4.fdx
_jdi4.fnm
_jdi4.frq
_jdi4.prx
_jdi4.tii
_jdi4.tis
segments

Is this a known issue with Luke and Solr-generated Lucene indexes?

The only references I found to the "No such file or Directory"
involve index corruption, but as far as I can tell the index is fine.

Thanks,

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
Krugle, Inc.

Re: Viewing Lucene indexes generated by Solr

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 8/17/06, Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Lucene index generated by Solr. After optimizing it, I'm
> able to view it using LIMO. But when I download it to my Mac and try
> to use Luke, it fails - Luke complains that:
>
>   ".../index/_jdi4.f1" (No such file or Directory).
>
> The files I downloaded are as follows :
>
> deletable
> _jdi4.f0
> _jdi4.f12
> _jdi4.f15
> _jdi4.f4
> _jdi4.fdt
> _jdi4.fdx
> _jdi4.fnm
> _jdi4.frq
> _jdi4.prx
> _jdi4.tii
> _jdi4.tis
> segments
>
> Is this a known issue with Luke and Solr-generated Lucene indexes?

There should be no issues with Luke and Solr-generated indicies
(except for sortable numbers showing up as incomprehensible junk).

It looks like perhaps norms were omitted for a field and you are using
Luke with an older version of Lucene that doesn't understand that.

-Yonik

Re: Viewing Lucene indexes generated by Solr

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Is it possibly a Lucene version mis-match with your Luke using an
older version of Lucene?

I frequently use Luke to peruse Lucene indices (though all on the
same machine).

	Erik