Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by ni...@opensource.lk on 2004/11/01 07:28:51 UTC

MIME Libraries and WS-Attachments

Hi all,

I am in the process of finding out MIME Libraries for c++
inorder to work out WS-Attachments.

I am searching in the web too.

If you know or come across MIME libraries can you all let me know
please.

Any ideas or suggestions are always welcome.

Thanking You all in advance,
Nithya.

Re: MIME Libraries and WS-Attachments

Posted by nithyakala <ni...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Rangika,

I think we have to check in for other options because of
GPL issue.

I tried  mimitic in Linux platform, it seems to be fine.

We need to further investigate on Libraries.

Regards,
Nithya

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 14:30, rangika@opensource.lk wrote:

> > Hi Nithya,
>
> I downloaded mimetic.I used the windows version. But it didn't compile in
> vc 6.0. I'll see whether it will compile in vc 7.0.
>
> Did you build this in any other platform? Was it successful?
>
> Is there another library that can be used for ws-attachments because of
> the GPL issue.
>
> Regards,
> Rangika
>

> > How big an issue is using GPL within Apache? Isn't one of the points about
> > Apache that we keep it non-GNU so it allows our users more freedom to
> > write
> > apps using it?
> >

> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              nithya@opensource
> >              .lk
> >              01/11/2004 10:58          "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
> >                                        <ax...@ws.apache.org>
> >                                                                         cc
> >              Please respond to
> >               "Apache AXIS C                                       Subject
> >              Developers List"          Re: MIME Libraries and
> >                                        WS-Attachments
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> >   In my search for c++ MIMIE Libraries I came across the mimetic library.
> >   which is a GPL MIME library written in C++ -open source .
> >
> >   Link is given as below,
> >
> >   http://codesink.org/mimetic_mime_library.html
> >
> >   Have to analyse on it. I hope it may be helpfull.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Nithya

> >> Like Nithya I'm also in the process of finding out c++ libraries for
> >> SOAP
> >> ws-attachments/MTOM. I also searched the web but was unsuccessful.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Rangika
> >>

> >> Hi Nithya,

Re: MIME Libraries and WS-Attachments

Posted by ni...@opensource.lk.
  Hi Sanjiva & Paul,

  Thanks a lot for the valuable informations.

  Regards,
  Nithya

> Actually there is an on-going debate in the board about whether to
> relax this rule for LGPL stuff. No decision yet.
>
> Have you guys seen:
>     http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~trey/emacs/metamail.html
>
> This is the "original" MIME impl by Nathaniel Bernstein. BTW he
> works in IBM now ... maybe we can ask him and see too.
>
> Sanjiva.

    I checked in Linux, it seems to be ok

>> >Is there another library that can be used for ws-attachments because of
>> >the GPL issue.
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> >Rangika

> about

> cc
> Subject

> library.

Re: MIME Libraries and WS-Attachments

Posted by ni...@opensource.lk.
Hi Samisa,

Currently I have started investigation on it.
I hope it will help.

Regards,
Nithya

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Nithya,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@hursley.ibm.com>.
We should be CAREFUL about using LGPL material before Apache makes a
decision.

At the moment Apache Contributors licences don't allow us to use this code.

Paul

rangika@opensource.lk wrote:

>>>Hi Sanjiva,
>>>

>I tried to download the source or the binaries from the link you sent. But
>they are not available for windows. Most of the links in that site don't
>work.
>
>Could download only emacs binaries but not metamail binaries or source.
>
>Help on this is greatly appreciated.
>
>Rangika
>

>Hi Sanjiva,
>

>>Thanx for the link. I thought that I'll have to start from scratch.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Rangika
>>
>>Actually there is an on-going debate in the board about whether to
>>

>>>relax this rule for LGPL stuff. No decision yet.
>>>
>>>Have you guys seen:
>>>    http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~trey/emacs/metamail.html
>>>
>>>This is the "original" MIME impl by Nathaniel Bernstein. BTW he
>>>works in IBM now ... maybe we can ask him and see too.
>>>
>>>Sanjiva.

I too tried the Linux version, Link did not work.

Then finally I managed to get it through ftp

   ftp ftp.funet.fi

 in the following location /.m/pub/unix/mail/metamail

 I downloaded mm2.7.tar.Z and mm2.6.tar.Z,

 But when I tried to build the source I am getting the following
 error.

  server:/home/nithyakala/mm2.7/src# make
(cd metamail ; make  CONFIGDIR=../.  CFLAGS="-g -I.   " CC="cc"  LDLIBS="")
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nithyakala/mm2.7/src/metamail'
rm -f metamail.o
cc -c  -I../. -g -I.    metamail.c
metamail.c: In function `main':
metamail.c:306: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ
metamail.c:308: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ
metamail.c:309: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ
metamail.c:310: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ
metamail.c:311: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ
metamail.c:313: error: `SIGEMT' undeclared (first use in this function)
metamail.c:313: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
metamail.c:313: error: for each function it appears in.)
metamail.c:313: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ                                           e
metamail.c:314: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ                                           e
metamail.c:316: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ                                           e
metamail.c:317: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ                                           e
metamail.c:321: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from incompatible
pointer typ                                           e
metamail.c: In function `StartRawStdin':
metamail.c:2694: error: storage size of `ts' isn't known
metamail.c:2696: error: `RAW' undeclared (first use in this function)
metamail.c: At top level:
metamail.c:2381: error: storage size of `MyTtyStateIn' isn't known
metamail.c:2381: error: storage size of `MyTtyStateOut' isn't known
make[1]: *** [metamail.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nithyakala/mm2.7/src/metamail'
make: *** [basics] Error 2

I am unable to proceed.

Thanking in advance,
Nithya

Posted by ra...@opensource.lk.
>> Hi Sanjiva,

I tried to download the source or the binaries from the link you sent. But
they are not available for windows. Most of the links in that site don't
work.

Could download only emacs binaries but not metamail binaries or source.

Help on this is greatly appreciated.

Rangika

Hi Sanjiva,

> Thanx for the link. I thought that I'll have to start from scratch.
>
> Regards,
> Rangika
>
> Actually there is an on-going debate in the board about whether to
>> relax this rule for LGPL stuff. No decision yet.
>>
>> Have you guys seen:
>>     http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~trey/emacs/metamail.html
>>
>> This is the "original" MIME impl by Nathaniel Bernstein. BTW he
>> works in IBM now ... maybe we can ask him and see too.
>>
>> Sanjiva.

cc

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@hursley.ibm.com>.
Folks

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

> [...]

Re: MIME Libraries and WS-Attachments

Posted by ra...@opensource.lk.
> Hi,

Like Nithya I'm also in the process of finding out c++ libraries for SOAP
ws-attachments/MTOM. I also searched the web but was unsuccessful.

Regards,
Rangika

Hi Nithya,
>     Do you plan to do this for 1.4?
>     If so that is great. Please update the TODO and Jira.
> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>
> --- nithya@opensource.lk wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am in the process of finding out MIME Libraries for c++
>> inorder to work out WS-Attachments.
>>
>> I am searching in the web too.
>>
>> If you know or come across MIME libraries can you all let me know
>> please.
>>
>> Any ideas or suggestions are always welcome.

  Yes, Planning to do for 1.4 and I shall update the tracking tools.

Regards,
Nithya

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Nithya,