Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Supun Malinga <su...@wso2.com> on 2011/10/12 03:03:23 UTC

Support for exposing ejb 3.x as web-services

Hi folks,

axis2 supports exposing ejb2 components as web-services. Refer [1]. This is
handles via extending Message receiver to look-up jndi contexts and handle
invocations.
For eg: org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.ejb.EJBInOnlyMessageReceiver
            org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.ejb.EJBMessageReceiver

Currently this implementation works with ejb 2.0.
Since ejb 3.x has changed lot(from architectural level) since ejb2 this
implementation is not usable with ejb 3. I'm working on improving it to
support ejb 3.0.
But we may have to move away from support for ejb2 while doing this. As ejb
2 is a pretty old standard [2] and ejb 3 is widely used.
I'am still working to come up with a implementation for this.

Ideas, comments are much appreciated.

[1] http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/ejb-provider.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_JavaBean#Version_history

thanks,
--
Supun Malinga,

Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc.
http://wso2.com
http://wso2.org
email - supunm@wso2.com <su...@wso2.com>
mobile - 071 56 91 321

Re: Support for exposing ejb 3.x as web-services

Posted by Supun Malinga <su...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Supun,
>
> Please try to create some samples as well for EJB 3.0 support.

sure will do.

thanks,

Posted by Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Supun,

Posted by Supun Malinga <su...@wso2.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Supun Malinga <su...@wso2.com>.
Hi andreas,

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Some quick comments:

Posted by Supun Malinga <su...@wso2.com>.
Hi sumedha,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Sumedha Rubasinghe <su...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Supun,
> Why don't you write a separate message receiver to deal with EJB3?

yes, this is possible. But then we need to do a refactor and get common
stuff out from the ejb2 and ejb3 message receivers. I believe most of the
fundamental things won't change here.

thanks,

Posted by Sumedha Rubasinghe <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Supun,