Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "p@zdzior" <pa...@interia.pl> on 2003/08/10 12:43:39 UTC

Use Java Bean component

Hi everybody,

I am using using java bean Component Customer:

<jsp:useBean id="Customer" class="com.test.CustomerBean" scope="session"/>

which contails some filed like name, surname, ... and standard setter and getter methods.

I try to do select on database to retreive all data about the current customer:

<sql:query var="cust_data" dataSource="${test}" scope="session">
    SELECT CUST_USERNAME, CUST_PHONENO, CUST_NAME, CUST_SURNAME, CUST_STREET, CUST_ZIPCODE, CUST_TOWN,
           CUST_EMAIL, CUST_SEX, CUST_AGE FROM CUSTOMER
           WHERE CUST_USERNAME = ?
  <sql:param><%= request.getRemoteUser()%></sql:param>
</sql:query>

then I would like to set all bean fileds to the retreived values,
I have tried to do:

<c:set var="Customer.name" value = "${cust_data.rows[0].CUST_NAME}" scope="session"/>

unfortunately it does not work, if i try later obtain this value by:

<c:out value="$Customer.name"/> I receive an empty string.

If I use <c:out value="${cust_data.rows[0].CUST_NAME}"/> then it works ok?

I would be gratefull for any help.

regards,
Lukasz

Re: Use Java Bean component

Posted by "p@zdzior" <pa...@interia.pl>.
Thanks,

Works now :)

I had an old JSTL Specification and there was no target parameter described.

thanks again,
lukasz

> > <c:set var="Customer.name" value = "${cust_data.rows[0].CUST_NAME}"
scope="session"/>

> When you are setting JavaBean properties, you need to use the alternate
> approach for <c:set>.  What you want is...
>
> <c:set target="${Customer}" property="name" value="${foobar}" />
>
> Check the spec or JSTL in Action if you want more examples or details on
> how this works.
>
> --
> Serge Knystautas
> President
> Lokitech >> software . strategy . design >> http://www.lokitech.com/
> p. 1.301.656.5501
> e. sergek@lokitech.com

> Gol na stadionie natychmiast na naszej na stronie!
> Wszystkie ligi na zywo! >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1754

Re: how to submit a selected item of a collection

Posted by Sy...@aig.com.
I need help with submission of an item of a collection.

I display a collection of items with each item having a button.  I allow
user to click the button to select the item. When I try to get a value
from the Form in my Action, there is nothing.  Here is my code.  The
display part is ok.

//jsp to display and get selected life
<logic:iterate id="oneLife" name="lives" >
<member>
</member>
</logic:iterate>

// My form to capture data from the selected item
public class SelectLifeForm extends ActionForm {
        private String surName = null;
        private String firstName = null;

    // with getter and setter for each field.
}

// My action class to do something like perform a sql base on the two
values submitted.
public class SelectLifeAction extends Action {

        public ActionForward execute(
                ActionMapping mapping,
                ActionForm form,
                HttpServletRequest request,
                HttpServletResponse response)
                throws Exception {

                SelectLifeForm selectLifeForm = (SelectLifeForm) form;

                System.err.println("*** selectLifeForm = " +
selectLifeForm.getSurName() );
                System.err.println("*** selectLifeForm = " +
selectLifeForm.getFirstName() );
            // selectLifeForm have null values in both fields.

      }

}

Re: Use Java Bean component

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.