Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2003/12/03 16:14:34 UTC

threadgroups etc

Hi,

How come i get more throughput on my application when i create two
identical threadgroups (with one sampler), then when I create one
threadgroup with two identical samplers?

Adding more threads to a threadgroup means lower throughput, although
the CPU's are not maxed out. Adding another identical threadgroup means
a higher throughput.

If threads in a threadgroup simulate concurrent users, what effect have
identical threadgroups then?

How can i make sense of all this?

Thanks
JOrg

Re: threadgroups etc

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
You're right in that the throughput should generally increase as you add
threads -- unless you're really saturating some resource.

However, 2 threadgroups with N threads and 1 sampler will usually
generate more throughput than 1 threadgroup with N threads and 2
samplers. To be equivalent, the 2nd case should be 1 threadgroup with
2*N threads and 2 samplers. In fact, the number of samplers does not
matter at all, if you think about it. Only the number of concurrent
threads matters.

--
Salut,

Jordi.