Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Fred Tyre <fr...@hlipublishing.com> on 2006/08/07 22:00:35 UTC

How do I write a nutch query.

How do I do a search in nutch.
If I go to google.com, I just type in the keyword(s) that I am looking for.
Is this not the case with nutch, or do I have to change the default
configuration to enable that ability.

Example test case...
I enter "forum" on the nutch website and click "Search" or I run the
following command line...
bin/nutch org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean forum

In both cases it returns 0 Results.

However, if I go into luke and run a content search on "forum", I get 2
results.

I looked on your FAQ for this topic and could not find the question/answer.

I would think that the above question would be more frequently asked, then
"Common words are saturating my search results." or "How can I influence
Nutch scoring?".

Please, help.

I have asked this kind of question before and not gotten a response.

Sincerely,
Fred

   Fred Tyre
   Information Services