Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/28 16:40:10 UTC

Re: can i set password to protect a particular blog entry ?

On Nov 28, 2007 10:24 AM, Thinkboy <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2007-11-26 22:44:57 +0800, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > On Nov 21, 2007 5:47 AM, Thinkboy <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I am thinking  how to set a certain blog as private , then whoever
> >> trying to view  this entry will be authenticated.
> >
> > What if weblog posts had the following levels of privacy:
> >
> > - Private: only members of the blog can see the entry
> > - Protected: only logged in Roller users can see the entry
> > - Public: everybody (including anonymous visitors) can see the entry
> >
> > Would that be sufficient?
>
> yes, this is exactly what I am thinking too (private, protected,
> public) . i believe, it is a great feature!
>
> very appreciated that roller community does consider this in the near
> future release.  COOL! . :-D

Despite the fact that I just spent a month or more reworking Roller's
user/permissions management system (http://tinyurl.com/28br55 is now
in trunk), I don't have an immediate requirement for private/protected
weblogs or weblog entries and I don't think any of the other
contributors do either.  I *do* think these are important features,
but I just don't have a requirement for them right now.

So, if you really want protected/private blog posts, you might have to
push pretty hard for it, i.e. look at the source code, understand the
permission system, propose & discuss some solution(s) and if that goes
well develop a patch.

- Dave