Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Marc Abramowitz <ms...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/29 19:47:25 UTC

Homebrew formula for Traffic Server 3.0.2

Just a quick note that my pull request to add a Homebrew formula for
Traffic Server 3.0.2 was just accepted.

https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commit/ec7f5f6384c95ea7fd66f5d41135612b9f673491

So there's another easy way for folks on OS X to give Traffic Server a spin.

Marc
http://marc-abramowitz.com/

Re: Homebrew formula for Traffic Server 3.0.2

Posted by Brian Geffon <bg...@linkedin.com>.
Cool stuff Marc,
Has anyone considered packaging a .dmg as part of the release process? Or for that matter rpms, etc.

Brian

On Feb 2, 2012, at 10:49 PM, "Marc Abramowitz" <ms...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Yeah, homebrew has some magic for dealing with Apache mirrors:

$ ack 'closer\.cgi' /usr/local/Library/Homebrew
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/download_strategy.rb
574:  when %r[^<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi>http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi] then CurlApacheMirrorDownloadStrategy

Marc

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM, James Peach <<m...@apache.org>> wrote:
On 29/01/2012, at 10:47 AM, Marc Abramowitz wrote:

> Just a quick note that my pull request to add a Homebrew formula for Traffic Server 3.0.2 was just accepted.
>
> <https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commit/ec7f5f6384c95ea7fd66f5d41135612b9f673491> https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commit/ec7f5f6384c95ea7fd66f5d41135612b9f673491
>
> So there's another easy way for folks on OS X to give Traffic Server a spin.

Nice!

When I download <http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/trafficserver/trafficserver-3.0.2.tar.bz2> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/trafficserver/trafficserver-3.0.2.tar.bz2, I don't get the tarball, I get the mirror listing web page. Does Homebrew do anything special do get the tarball, or did something on the website change?

Posted by Marc Abramowitz <ms...@gmail.com>.

574:  when %r[^http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi] then

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.

When I download http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/trafficserver/trafficserver-3.0.2.tar.bz2, I don't get the tarball, I get the mirror listing web page. Does Homebrew do anything special do get the tarball, or did something on the website change?