Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/10 18:49:03 UTC

Lombok (and perhaps other broken annotation processors) makes Netbeans nuts.

I am an user (not a dev) of Lombok, and I'm facing issues with using Lombok
in Netbeans.

Currently, lombok do not works (at least for me) with Netbeans if using
Java 9. It does seem to work when I compile it by using Gradle at the
command line. See this:

https://github.com/rzwitserloot/lombok/issues/1435

Also, if lombok, when doing its back-magic annotation processing is able to
mess up netbeans, so something else would probably also be. Although the
lombok guys will eventually fix this issue on their side and even if it is
unfeasible to handle every case of a broken annotation processor messing
with the IDE for whichever reason, Netbeans should at least try to handle
this issue graciously.

Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva

Re: Lombok (and perhaps other broken annotation processors) makes Netbeans nuts.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.
Could you share a minimal project where the bug reproduces? I don't use Gradle nor Lombok so it's kind of hard to figure how to duplicate it.

My impression is that perhaps this is a Gradle plugin bug, but I'm not certain what it hooks into.

This issue (http://statistics.netbeans.org/analytics/exception.do?id=864040 ) should be posted to https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS with more details (and maybe the reproducible project I mentioned).

--emi

Posted by Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.