Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> on 2014/11/14 23:58:05 UTC

CouchDB 2.0 - planned features

Hi everybody,

disclaimer:  this email does not collide with the email Jan wrote where he
asked you to answer some questions about CouchDB 2.0 he can use for
ApacheCon.

The work on CouchDB 2.0 is rolling on fast pace. This is really awesome and
very interesting times are coming. At this point I would like to drop a big
thank you to all involved hard workers. You rock :)

The marketing team is also working at it's part. A press release is drafted
and there will be interviews with interested folks from the press. To be
able to answer their questions, I created a new site in our wiki at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/CouchDB+2.0+features

I would like to ask you to take five minutes and add infos you have to this
page or reply to this email with the input you can give. I will add it then
to the page. The idea is to get consolidated info about CouchDB 2.0.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: CouchDB 2.0 - planned features

Posted by Miles Fidelman <mf...@meetinghouse.net>.
Robert Kowalski wrote:
> Propsal for: Re-organised code for easier contributions
>

> Why?
>
> Lowering the barrier for contributions helps the project, community
> and contributors.
>
> How?
>
> Common problems that many Erlang developers often face and the
> abstractions they create are generalized as OTP Applications which are
> well known in the Erlang community. CouchDB 2.0 follows these
> well-known conventions and splitted the code up into small Erlang OTP
> applications.

Will that include using Erlang packaging conventions - so Couch runs as
just another Erlang application?

Miles Fidelman

Re: CouchDB 2.0 - planned features

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
On 15 November 2014 00:06, Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd> wrote:

> Propsal for: Re-organised code for easier contributions
>

> Why?
>
> Lowering the barrier for contributions helps the project, community
> and contributors.
>
> How?
>
> Common problems that many Erlang developers often face and the
> abstractions they create are generalized as OTP Applications which are
> well known in the Erlang community. CouchDB 2.0 follows these
> well-known conventions and splitted the code up into small Erlang OTP
> applications.

awesome Robert. Added ...

Thank you

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.