Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ni...@hsbcib.com on 2010/08/26 13:51:54 UTC

Maven parent classpath issues

Hi All,

I am trying to build a project hierarchy.

The structure looks something like this,

RootProject (Pom packaging)

        Child Project (jar packaging)

The child project uses a plugin which uses src/main/jibx/customization.xml
file

I can build the child project independently. The problem is that when I
try to build it from the parent project it says file not found
(src/main/jibx/customization.xml )

The parent seems to be looking for the file in its own folder structure
rather than delegating packaging execution to child.

Please could somebody help.

Both poms are attached.

Thanks
Nishant

HSBC Bank plc
Registered Office: 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ
Registered in England - Number 14259

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!

This transmission has been issued by a member of the HSBC Group
"HSBC" for the information of the addressee only and should not be
reproduced and/or distributed to any other person. Each page
attached hereto must be read in conjunction with any disclaimer
which forms part of it. Unless otherwise stated, this transmission
is neither an offer nor the solicitation of an offer to sell or
purchase any investment. Its contents are based on information
obtained from sources believed to be reliable but HSBC makes no
representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to its
completeness or accuracy.

Re: Maven parent classpath issues

Posted by Aleksey Didik <di...@magenta-technology.ru>.
  Hello.

Use ${basedir}/src/main/jibx/customization.xml instead your variant.

By default work directory is a directory when you start mvn.
Always use ${basedir} before you relative file paths.

hth,
Aleksey.

26.08.2010 15:51, nishant.raj@hsbcib.com ?????:

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I'm guessing that you have the plugin bound in the parent pom. Move it to
the child project and you should be fine.

/Anders