Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by he...@gmx.net on 2010/05/31 23:10:06 UTC

Re: Best practise handling request and creating new document?

Hello,

http://books.couchdb.org/relax/design-documents/shows#Side-Effect%20Free says:

> We’ve mentioned that a key constraint of show functions is that they are side
> effect free. This means that you can’t use them to update documents, kick off
> background processes, or trigger any other function.

> CouchDB takes a different tack: because we’re a database, not an
> application server, we think it’s more important to enforce best practices (and
> ensure that developers don’t write functions that adversely effect the database
> server) than offer absolute flexibility. Once you’re used to working within these
> constraints, they start to make a lot of sense.

I'm a CouchDB beginner and not fixed on shows or other methods. I'm going to know if there is any way to manipulate data or insert data using a HTML form / request and just CouchDB without client side JS or some kind of application layer?

Thanks so far!
Philipp

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Mirsal Ennaime <mi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM,  <he...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm a CouchDB beginner and not fixed on shows or other methods. I'm going to know if there is any way to manipulate data or insert data using a HTML form / request and just CouchDB without client side JS or some kind of application layer?

You may want to read this:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Document_Update_Handlers

Cheers,
--
Mirsal

Re: Best practise handling request and creating new document?

Posted by Mirsal Ennaime <mi...@gmail.com>.