Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by mahesh rajamani <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 13:03:39 UTC

Issue after loading data using ssttable loader

Hi,

I have an issue in my environment running with cassandra 2.0.5, It is build
with 9 nodes, with 3 nodes in each datacenter. After loading the data, I am
able to do token range lookup or list in cassandra-cli, but when I do get
xxxxx[rowkey], the system hangs. Similar query in CQL also has same
behavior.

I have 3 nodes in the source environment, which is configured as 3
datacenter, having 1 node. I did an export from source environment and
imported into new environment with 9 nodes. The other difference is source
is configured as 256 vnodes and destination environment is with 32 vnodes.

Below is the exception i see in cassandra.
ERROR [ReadStage:103] 2014-07-16 21:23:55,648 CassandraDaemon.java (line
192) Exception in thread Thread[ReadStage:103,5,main]

java.lang.AssertionError: Added column does not sort as the first column

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ArrayBackedSortedColumns.addColumn(ArrayBackedSortedColumns.java:115)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.addColumn(ColumnFamily.java:116)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.addIfRelevant(ColumnFamily.java:110)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.SliceQueryFilter.collectReducedColumns(SliceQueryFilter.java:205)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.QueryFilter.collateColumns(QueryFilter.java:122)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.QueryFilter.collateOnDiskAtom(QueryFilter.java:80)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.QueryFilter.collateOnDiskAtom(QueryFilter.java:72)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.collectAllData(CollationController.java:297)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.getTopLevelColumns(CollationController.java:53)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getTopLevelColumns(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1560)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1379)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Keyspace.getRow(Keyspace.java:327)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.SliceFromReadCommand.getRow(SliceFromReadCommand.java:65)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$LocalReadRunnable.runMayThrow(StorageProxy.java:1396)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$DroppableRunnable.run(StorageProxy.java:1931)

        at

        at

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Mahesh Rajamani

Re: Issue after loading data using ssttable loader

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com> wrote:

> I have 3 nodes in the source environment, which is configured as 3
>> datacenter, having 1 node. I did an export from source environment and
>> imported into new environment with 9 nodes. The other difference is source
>> is configured as 256 vnodes and destination environment is with 32 vnodes.
>>

> That's not going to work.

It should work.  sstableloader is able to see what ranges a node owns and
exclusively stream those ranges.

There's some other sort of problem going on, though.  I would double check
your schema for the two clusters and ensure that it's *identical*.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>

Re: Issue after loading data using ssttable loader

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:03 AM, mahesh rajamani <ra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have 3 nodes in the source environment, which is configured as 3
> datacenter, having 1 node. I did an export from source environment and
> imported into new environment with 9 nodes. The other difference is source
> is configured as 256 vnodes and destination environment is with 32 vnodes.

That's not going to work.

http://www.palominodb.com/blog/2012/09/25/bulk-loading-options-cassandra

As an aside, 2.0.5 contains serious bugs, upgrade ASAP.

https://engineering.eventbrite.com/what-version-of-cassandra-should-i-run/

=Rob