Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Gomez Henri <ne...@slib.fr> on 2001/02/22 11:18:46 UTC

Apache SIGTERM with mod_php and libstdc++

Hi toi all ,

I've got Apache (1.3.17 + mod_ssl 2.8.0) SIGTERM when using a php 4.04pl1
and mod_php 4.04pl1 with sablotron and pspell.

There are both present as extension loaded via php.ini.

If I remove sablotron (or pspell), apache with mod_php4 start and works
correctly.
The problem DIDN'T appears when using php in standalone ....

It seems that Apache got a problem when loading more than one external
modules using libstdc++.
I've got a similar error when trying to run apache with the mod_xslt from
Xalan-C Project....

Thanks for any help or informations

---

;; EXTENSION LOADING
extension_dir = /usr/lib/php4

;; Global PHP defaults

warn_plus_overloading = On ; warn if the + operator is used with strings
track_errors  = On ; Store the last error/warning message in $php_errormsg
(boolean)
track_vars  = On ; enable the $HTTP_*_VARS[] arrays, where * is one of

magic_quotes_gpc = On ; magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data
     ; many people think that the system is a pain in the
     ; a**, but it probably does represent a security
     ; feature for in-experienced PHP developers. Turn it
     ; off if you don't want PHP to mess with your incoming
     ; variables.
include_path = ".:/usr/share/php/PEAR"
session.save_path = "/var/state/php"

extension=imap.so
extension=ldap.so
extension=pgsql.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=gd.so
extension=gettext.so
extension=sysvshm.so
extension=sysvsem.so
extension=shmop.so
#extension=pspell.so
extension=snmp.so
extension=sybase_ct.so
extension=pdf.so
extension=swf.so
extension=sockets.so
extension=curl.so
extension=ftp.so
extension=exif.so
extension=ming.so
extension=sablot.so
extension=php_apc_shm.so

---

Re: Apache SIGTERM with mod_php and libstdc++

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@apache.org>.
> I've got Apache (1.3.17 + mod_ssl 2.8.0) SIGTERM when using a php 4.04pl1
> and mod_php 4.04pl1 with sablotron and pspell.
>
> There are both present as extension loaded via php.ini.
>
> If I remove sablotron (or pspell), apache with mod_php4 start and works
> correctly.
> The problem DIDN'T appears when using php in standalone ....
>
> It seems that Apache got a problem when loading more than one external
> modules using libstdc++.
> I've got a similar error when trying to run apache with the mod_xslt from
> Xalan-C Project....
>
> Thanks for any help or informations

I think you are hitting the known glibc-2.1.x bug which rears its ugly
head when you have an executable which is not linked against libpthreads
which does a dlopen() on a shared library which is linked against
libpthreads.  If you simply link your httpd against libpthreads it should
sort itself out.  ie. LIBS=-lpthreads

-Rasmus