Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Albert Joseph <al...@live.com> on 2008/12/05 21:16:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Where should I put my java servlet .class file ?

Hello,

I wrote a java class that connects to a servlet which I compiled and put in the "htdocs" directory of the web server, but I am getting "java.io.FileNotFoundException" !!

Thank you

RE: [users@httpd] Where should I put my java servlet .class file ?

Posted by Albert Joseph <al...@live.com>.
Sorry ...

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:26:09 -0500From: jmedina@e-dialog.comTo: users@httpd.apache.orgSubject: RE: [users@httpd] Where should I put my java servlet .class file ?

Albert,
   Apache Web Server and Apache Tomcat are two different "products".

  In order to run a servlet, you need Apache Tomcat.
   You may get some help here:
        http://www.cristhianny.com/others/tomcat5_setup_first_servlet.html

  This list is dedicated to Apache Web Server, not Tomcat.
  -Jorge
Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that.
http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad2_122008

RE: [users@httpd] Where should I put my java servlet .class file ?

Posted by Albert Joseph <al...@live.com>.
Jorge,

Thank you.  The link you provided was very useful.  I could get my very first servlet to work.

Albert

Posted by Jorge Medina <jm...@e-dialog.com>.
Albert,

________________________________

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Dec 5, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Albert Joseph wrote:

> Very good.   I had just installed Tomcat.   Now where can I put my
> servlet .class file ?

I once knew this but it has slipped my mind.  The http://tomcat.apache.org/
  site has some introductory materials, for instance http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/index.html
  .  Tomcat also has its own user mailinglist.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org

RE: [users@httpd] Where should I put my java servlet .class file ?

Posted by Albert Joseph <al...@live.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Albert Joseph <al...@live.com>.
> Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:26:00 -0500> From: covener@gmail.com> To: users@httpd.apache.org> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Where should I put my java servlet .class file ?> > How did you tell httpd to run the class? What file is referenced by> the exception? Does it happen on the HTTP server or the java> application server?> > > -- > Eric Covener> covener@gmail.com

I am sorry, I think I may have done something stupid.  This is my first servlet to write...

I am running in a local intranet (localhost) environment.  Just for learning purposes.

a.class runs from a command window outside the web server.   The exception is raised by a.class.

b.class is the servlet which I put in the "htdocs" of the web server.

a.class connects to b.class

Is this how things should be done ?

Re: [users@httpd] Where should I put my java servlet .class file ?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.