Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by rh...@sears.com on 2001/02/28 19:53:45 UTC

NullPointerException from Command Line

I have just downloaded Cocoon version 1.8.2 and am trying to run some of
the examples from
the command line. I am using the Sun Java 2 SDK v1.3 on Windows NT 4.0 SP5
as well as
Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

I execute org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon and I receive a NullPointerException
with the following
stack:

        at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:484)
        at org.apache.cocoon.EngineWrapper.handle(EngineWrapper.java:87)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.main(Cocoon.java:311)

In looking at the source code, the exception occurs upon an attempt to
write to the OutputStream
retrieved from the response object. In looking at the FAQ, I saw a similar
error reported but could
not find any answers.

Any  help on why this is occuring would be appreciated.

Re: NullPointerException from Command Line

Posted by Alessandro Marcellini <am...@tiscalinet.it>.
Hi All,
I've encountered the same problem and i tried to use your code but thow some error during compilation
(the URL was wrong. the correct url is: http://www.geocities.com/jbarnesweb/Cocoon.java
http://www.geocities.com/jbarnesweb/Engine.java
and http://www.geocities.com/jbarnesweb/EngineWrapper.java

Have You some suggestion?