Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Damon Jacobsen <da...@lifetouch.com> on 2009/10/29 17:30:47 UTC

NAR assembly

I am now getting into building the assembly portion of this. I don't
think the nar is getting looked up correctly.  The nar is placed in the
system as a x86-Windows-g++-jni.jar, but the assembly plugin is looking
for x86-Windows-jni.jar. Also, even though I am explicitly setting the
classifier, the output references x86-Windows-msvc. I am trying to
figure out how to get it so I can run the plugin in debug mode in
Eclipse so I can help unravel this.

Damon

[INFO] snapshot com.lifetouch.utility:ioutilities:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from snapshots

[INFO] [nar:nar-download {execution: default}]

[INFO] Using AOL: x86-Windows-msvc

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] nar not found
com.lifetouch.utility:ImagenomicPortraiturePluginDLL:nar:x86-Windows-jni
:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT

Embedded error: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

POM.XML

<plugin>

      <configuration>

            <descriptors>

<descriptor>src/main/assembly/assembly.xml</descriptor>

            </descriptors>

      </configuration>

</plugin>

<plugin>

      <artifactId>maven-nar-plugin</artifactId>

      <configuration>

            <classifiers>

                  <classifier>x86-Windows-g++</classifier>

            </classifiers>

      </configuration>

      <executions>

            <execution>

                  <goals>

                        <goal>nar-download</goal>

                        <goal>nar-unpack</goal>

                        <goal>nar-assembly</goal>

                  </goals>

            </execution>

      </executions>

</plugin>

ASSEBMLY.XML

<assembly>

      <id>distribution</id>

      <formats>

            <!-- can't seem to find reference to dir, which is what I
really want, guess I will unzip manually -->

            <format>zip</format>

      </formats>

      <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>

      <dependencySets>

            <dependencySet>

                  <unpack>false</unpack>

                  <scope>runtime</scope>

            </dependencySet>

      </dependencySets>

      <fileSets>

            <fileSet>

                  <directory>target/nar/lib/x86-Windows-g++</directory>

                  <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>

                  <includes>

                        <include>*</include>

                  </includes>

            </fileSet>

            <fileSet>

                  <includes>

                        <include>${project.basedir}/README*</include>

                        <include>${project.basedir}/LICENSE*</include>

                        <include>${project.basedir}/NOTICE*</include>

                  </includes>

            </fileSet>

            <fileSet>

                  <directory>${project.build.directory}</directory>

                  <includes>

                        <include>*.jar</include>

                  </includes>

            </fileSet>

      </fileSets>

</assembly>

RE: NAR assembly

Posted by Damon Jacobsen <da...@lifetouch.com>.
Unfortunately my development is mandated to be done on Windows. I tried to use classifier in the nar plugin configuration away from msvc with no luck.

Damon Jacobsen

assuming you're NOT implementing on doze
can you use a profile to steer the execution away from msvc and towards x86-Windows-g++
?
Martin Gainty

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pc-scout/default.aspx?CBID=wl&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_pcscout:102009

RE: NAR assembly