Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by GIRY Patrick <Pa...@casden.banquepopulaire.fr> on 2003/03/17 10:48:48 UTC

Reload files WAR automatically when tomcat is started again

How can I specify at tomcat to reload files WAR automatically when it is started again (tomcat4 stop / tomcat4 start).

Patrick GIRY
Analyst Web
e-mail : patrick.giry@casden.banquepopulaire.fr
Phone number : 33 1 64 80 30 91

Re: Reload files WAR automatically when tomcat is started again

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Well, it does reload the WAR structures.  The default for Tomcat is to
expand the .war files it finds to a directory of the same name as the .war
files (less the .war file extension) and deploy that.  You can do one of
two things.  After stopping Tomcat, delete the directory and update the
.war file.  Or, you can specify <Context path="/myapp"
docBase="myapp.war">.  Notice the docBase points to a .war instead of a
directory.  Now the directory won't get created by Tomcat and you only ever
have to worry about updating the .war file.

Jake