Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/27 13:51:19 UTC

Re: Difference in generated files by WSDL2Java (v1.1 vs. v1.2)

It looks like Axis is not recognizing the service as "wrapped". Do you
have any operations within the WSDL that don't quite conform to the
"wrapped" convention? (If any operation doesn't conform, the entire
service is generated as unwrapped.)

>From the WSDL2Java reference:

By default, WSDL2Java will recognize the following conditions:
- If an input message has is a single part.
- The part is an element.
- The element has the same name as the operation
- The element's complex type has no attributes

When it sees this, WSDL2Java will 'unwrap' the top level element, and
treat each of the components of the element as arguments to the
operation. This type of WSDL is the default for Microsoft .NET web
services, which wrap up RPC style arguments in this top level schema
element.

Anne