Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org> on 2023/01/10 07:03:05 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we bump up Node.js Client for C++ Client's upgrade

Hi, Yuto Furuta,

Currently, the latest Nodejs client 1.8.0 is already tied to the
latest C++ client 3.1.0. If there is a new C++ client version release,
I think it's also better to release a new Nodejs client version that
is tied to the latest C++ client version even though there are no new
commits in the Nodejs client. In this case, we can make sure the
latest Nodejs client always gets the latest updates or bug fixes of
the C++ client.

BR,
Zike Yang

Posted by Yuto Furuta <yf...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
Thank you for your comments.

I proposed the versioning rule of Node.js Client.
Please review it if you have time.
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-client-node/pull/287

Thanks,
Yuto

Yuto Furuta
Yahoo Japan Corp.
My answer is yes. Some bug fixes might be included in a newer C++
client. But I think we don't need to start a release in a hurry once a
newer C++ client is released.

Thanks,
Yunze

Posted by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.