Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bj...@klp.no on 2004/07/11 00:13:39 UTC

[users@httpd] My http server is locking files when teh file is referenced by a user

is there a way to configure the http server to NOT lock files after
reading them.

I have this file readme.html in htdocs directory, and want to change this
file, but it's not possible due to sharing violation.

Please help me.

Regards Bjørn-Willy Arntzen, Oslo, Norway

Re: [users@httpd] My http server is locking files when teh file is referenced by a user

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 Bjorn-Willy.Arntzen@klp.no wrote:

> is there a way to configure the http server to NOT lock files after
> reading them.

It does no such thing.

> I have this file readme.html in htdocs directory, and want to change this
> file, but it's not possible due to sharing violation.

You're presumably on windoze, where *any* program having a file open
appears to lock it.

--
Nick Kew